Play Festival Registration
Who: This registration form is for Community Theatre groups of two or more wishing to register a play for the FTC Community Theatre Festival at Theatre Winter Haven. Up to two winning plays will be presented at the annual November Florida Theatre Conference in Gainesville, FL.When: Completed registration form, payment and any special accommodations must be received in the FTC office by June 27, 2017. If payment is not received by this date, your registration will be forfeited. Payment by credit card is only accepted when completing the online registration form.
Where: All checks must be made payable to Florida Theatre Conference, and mailed directly to: 5650 Park Boulevard, Suite 7, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
All groups presenting a production in competition are required to pay:
- $70 annual organizational membership fee
- $60 play festival registration fee
- $45 fee for all actors and crew members participating in the production
If your group will be attending the annual Florida Theatre Conference in Gainesville, FL in November 2017, a complimentary t-shirt is included in the play festival registration fee. You will receive your shirt at the Conference registration desk in November. Please select your shirt size (Adult sizes only; no youth sizes available).
Policies and procedures
To ensure a quality experience for each individual, group, organization, and guest, the Board of Directors has adopted the policies listed below to help ensure that the Festival continues to provide a quality theatre experience.
All groups, organizations, individuals, and guests:
- Must check in at the registration desk before participating in Festival events, productions, workshops or activities
- Must observe the rules and regulations of Theatre Winter Haven. Activities deemed unacceptable by Theatre Winter Haven or the FTC Board will result in disqualification from all Festival events, and forfeiture of all monies paid to the conference
- Follow all technical rules and guidelines as specified by Theatre Winter Haven
- Must have all special effects, open flames, and weapons approved by Theatre Winter Haven by July 11, 2017 (one month prior to Festival)
- Groups must adhere to the regulations of the state fire codes
- Follow the 2017 Festival Handbook as set forth by the American Association of Community Theatre’s AACTFest. A complete copy can be downloaded at aact.org/aactfest/handbook.html
- Must observe the Festival hotel/motel regulations A detailed floor plan showing the size and the arrangement of the Theatre Winter Haven stage is provided in a .pdf format.
All monies paid to the Festival are non-refundable.
If an organization is participating in the Community Theatre Play Festival and the annual Florida Theatre Conference Festival, all actors and crew members from that organization must be registered by and under the direct supervision of the community theatre organization.
Questions may be directed to any member of the Board of Directors listed on our contact page.
ALL fields are required.