The Board of the Florida Theatre Conference is pleased to announce a new division – the DraMature Division of the Florida Theatre Conference has been created by and for Seniors (ages 50+) who enjoy being involved in performing arts groups. As a member of the Florida Theatre Conference, individuals and groups can become involved in the only theatre activity in the State of Florida specifically developed for senior citizen participation. At FTC’s Annual Festival you will be provided with the opportunity to continue your education in the performing arts, network with one another to share successful strategies, and perform in or view a showcase of talented senior entertainers.
The DraMature Senior Festival
The annual Florida Theatre Conference Festival will be held at Santa Fe College (SFC) in Gainesville, Florida, from November 2nd through November 5th. This is a beautiful campus, and is walking-friendly with lush grounds and paved walkways. There is an on-site food court, and a Starbucks coffee house. The SFC Fine Arts Department is hosting the Festival and has opened its three theatres and many specialized performing arts rooms for our use. For more information, click on the “Festival” tab at the top of the page.
The DraMature Division of FTC is holding its fourth annual Showcase, which will kick off on November 4th. This Festival will showcase the work of performing groups from around the State of Florida. It will be held in the Building E, Black Box Theatre and will begin at 1:00 PM. All of the groups performing in the showcase will be featured in the FTC Festival Program, issued to each person attending the festival.
FTC will be providing a professional respondent, who will meet with the showcase entertainers to review their performance. This is an excellent opportunity for person-to-person advice from a caring professional.
If you plan on participating in the DraMature Showcase, your family and friends are welcome to attend to cheer you on. They can purchase day passes on the day from the Fine Arts Hall Registration Desk for a nominal fee of $10.00.
As a registered Festival attendee, you will have free access to the full scope of the FTC Festival activities. They include:
- Workshops and seminars in all areas of theatre.
- Training for actors, directors, and technical staff in the latest skills that can directly translate to the stage, and
- The other play festivals being presented – The High School One-Act Play Festival, Middle School Play Festival, The Community Theatre Play Festival, The Inclusion Festival Showcase, and The Theatre for Youth Play Festival.
- A Festival T Shirt with your Group Name on the back of the shirt
- Inclusion of your annual production schedule published on the FTC website calendar.
Attending the Festival?
If you are interested in bringing your group to take advantage of this exciting and creative learning opportunity:
- Complete the online group registration form found at the left of the page. If you are uncomfortable using the online form, we will be happy to supply a paper registration form. To request this form, simply contact us at the FTC Office – 727-544-8913.
- If you or your group are interested in performing in the DraMature Showcase, complete the online Performance Submission Form found at the left. There is no additional fee to participate in the showcase. This form is also available in paper form – call the office number listed above.
- The deadline for submission is October 1st. Late registration is possible, however a late fee will be assessed. All registrations and payments are due to the FTC Office by October 14th.
The Florida Theatre Conference has blocked rooms in several local hotels to ensure a lower rate. This information can be found by clicking the “Festival” tab at the top of the page. NO Transportation to the Santa Fe College campus is provided to and from the hotels. The “Hotel” tab includes both a map and hotel registration information. You will also find a “Campus Map” tab, which clearly shows the building and parking lots at Santa Fe College. The parking is free to FTC festival participants.
Present A Workshop At The Festival!
Each year more than 1,500 college/university, high school, middle school, and elementary school students along with community theatre participants and DraMature members attend the FTC Festival.
As part of the Festival there are more than 65 workshops presented.
We encourage you to share your unique specialty and be a part of the Festival by presenting a workshop. It is an excellent way to see the talent that is attending the Festival and provide a community service for the State of Florida.
To register, please complete the Workshop Presentation Form found at the left.